Rotary Scholar Bram in Panama

Monday, July 23, 2007

Conrad's visit





The internationally acclaimed Justin Conrad made a trek down to Panama for a trade mission last month, but I think the only thing he traded was his pasty white skin for a solid red burn. Way to apply that sunblock...

Regardless, we attended a few mission events and ended up at the Ambassador's mansion for a little cocktail party. We even got our smug mugs in the paper:

http://www.mundosocial.net/templates/empresarial.php?idn=968


We also hit one of Panama's best all-inclusive resorts - Decameron, which I highly recommend. When I set up the whole weekend, I had to argue with the travel agent. Supposedly, they had given me the Panamanian rate by mistake when I made the reservation and then tried to reverse it and charge me double. I'd like to think they were fooled into believing I was Panamanian by my superb command of the Spanish language, but I really doubt it...




Easy livin'

By the end of the weekend, I definitely needed to get "Life is a Highway" out of my head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home