Rotary Scholar Bram in Panama

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

An untimely end...

You might remember my first blog entry where I talked about my utter fear and dread of my shower. I don't think I was so scared of the actual shower as much I was terrified over the naked wires that fed it electricity.

Well, last week the shower suffered an ill-fated demise...um...while I was using it.

I was sudsing up when I thought I smelled some smoke. It was kind of like a tire burning. It couldn't have been Cesar's cooking because we had just eaten. Finally, I looked up, and too my horror, saw smoke billowing up from the shower head.

My knee-jerk reaction was to jump out of the shower, naked, sudsy and wet - all the while screaming like a little girl. I reached in avoiding the drips and killed the water before I too, met the same fate as my shower.

Two days later, in walks Groundskeeper Willie with the new unit (seriously, he takes care of everything within the apartment building and refuses to talk to me in Spanish. So, I refuse to talk to him in English. Believe me, with our poor grasp of both languages, it's painful all around. I feel sorry for anybody caught in the crossfire).

The new head is much prettier than the old one, but my loyalties lie with the previous shower, mainly because it didn't electrocute me. I think it really liked me.

Take a look at this crazy thing:



Seriously, I have no idea what that demented octopus-like tentacle thing is intended to be use for, and if by chance you do, I'd appreciate if you'd keep it to yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home